Tuesday 3 January 2012

Mini quilt swap

I'm kick starting my creative new year with a swap. It's with the group "mini quilt swap" on flickr and the theme is "first thing in the morning". I'm partnered with Francine who blogs at mochawildchild, we both go for more modern style quilts with modern colour ways. I really wanted to do tea/coffee maybe with a few birds too and Francine is up for that yay, so I picked some fabrics....


I think these fabrics are quite different in colour to what I usually go for, very bright and fresh, I love them, I'm hoping there may be some left for the stash : )
So here's a sneak peak of where I am so far, well actually I did some more last night but it's really dark today so I can't show you anymore I'm afraid.




It's all looking ok and I'm quite pleased with how it's going, when we get a good day I'll take some more pictures. I hope you all have some projects planned to get you through January and february too. I try to embrace each new month and the changes it brings but I struggle a little with the first couple of months of the year, so I have lots of projects planned to make it fly by happily : )

Emma x

3 comments:

  1. ooh I love the fabric colours you've chosen I can't wait to see the finished quilt

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That appliqued cup is just gorgeous! roll on some better weather so you can take more pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo its going to be great! She's a lucky gal to have you for a partner (I should know!)

    ReplyDelete