Saturday 16 July 2011

Teacher gifts (with a ps)

It's that time of year again how the heck is my baby about to finish reception.....where does time go ????
Any-hoo I've made glasses cases for Sophie's teachers, who are fantastic and I'm so pleased that Sophie still has the same class room assistant next year, who was also Hollie's class room assistant, she's lovely and both my girlies adore her. Hollie is old enough to help make her teacher's present this year and she took a liking to the cat bag charm in Sew Hip, I thought it looked simple enough to do together so we had a go. Hollie used the sewing machine and chose the fabrics, she finds embroidery and small stuff frustrating so I did the fiddly bits, this is what we made (her teacher loves cats)






I'm sure she will like it and even more so as Hollie has helped to make it.
Emma x
Ps I've just been looking through that sew hip mag again, I obviously didn't take it in at the time, the kitten keyring pattern is by Kate popvoski whose blog is the fabulous Lilipopo, sorry Kate I can only put it down to end of term induced dippy-ness.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! That has got to beat a box of Roses or some SOAP! (not that I ever say no to chocolate!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and especially as it's been made by Hollie (and you!), that will make it even more special. Bx

    ReplyDelete