Tuesday 27 March 2012

Art quilt





I had a lot of fun making a litttle quilt to hang on the wall, based on tea as always with me. 
I love tea : )
I used my favorite teapot as inspiration. 
I loved doing a bit of free motion again, it's acting as the quilting here.
Do you like the little dog ? She's from Alice apple I've had her a while and I noticed she's wearing one of the girls clips! I'm pointing the finger at Sophie. 
Speaking of Sophie she's at home with me today, she's been poorly for a few weeks : ( turns out she has a chest infection she's on day 2 of antibiotics and is much better already, all in all it's been a horrible few weeks and not much has been achieved round here due to lack of sleep and worry. So today it's house work ( bombsite doesn't even come close ).
When the mess has been dealt with I have another wall quilt to finish, hopefully it will be ready to show next week, also I've nearly finished the socks, just got the toe to finish, so hopefully they will be finished by next week too.
The little quilt has gone in the shop.
I'm off to sit in the garden with a cup of tea  scrub some more ;)
I hope you're enjoying the lovely weather where you are, have a fanstastic week,
Emma x

5 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! I love the fabric you've used for the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I do like the dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty!!! It would make an amazing gift to a tea-lover, too!
    The doggy is super-cute too!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, Sorry you've got a poorly little one, hope she's all better now. Loving the machine sketching, and that little teapot...and those dogs are ace, aren't they? :) x

    ReplyDelete