Friday 14 September 2012

Quiet.....

It's so very quiet here, the children have returned to school, which is lovely as they are both very happy to be back to normal as am I.
There is a little part of me that is sad that they aren't here, we aren't still lounging in our PJ's with nothing planned at all except lunch!
Much as they are noisy, squabble and charge round like looneys really annoying me most of the time I really do miss them, I expect thats the same as any one with children....
So back to normallity and high time I got back into the swing of blogging again.
I have had a play with the header and I think I have a picture which is more suitable, I had a great time moving furniture about to make a lovely little corner look perfect, rest assured that is NOT how it really is but you really don't want to see that, trust me you really don't.
So over the summer I managed to make another quilt, I like making quilts alot, I've started on my third...I now realise why hand made quilts are sooo expensive not only do they take a while to make but the fabric costs quite a bit....more than I thought it might.
I haven't really got any during pictures as once again I totally forgot to take any progress pics, I just get so engrossed it doesn't even cross my mind, I'm at the quilting stage on the next quilt too and guess what? Yep no progress pictures!
I made this quilt for Woody's chair, it is just shy of queen size and it's the absolute biggest I could manage. I had to shift all the furniture to baste it and it only just about fit, thats a lesson learned.







So there it is held up by my two lovely assistants, I used up alot of scraps for this one and it goes on Woody's chair beautifully, I have even caught him having a little nap under it too (but I have to keep that a secret ok?)
I hope every one has had a lovely summer and you've had at least some sun, I think we did ok weather wise in the end it turned out to be rather wonderful, lets hope Autumn is too, I have some amazing pumpkins growing in the veggie garden, can't to show you.
I also managed to get my hands on one of Lilipopo's emboidery kits which I want to show you too. It's not for me though, it's for Hollie : ) may have to get another one for me.

Enjoy the weekend
see you soon

Emma x

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! I LOVE the colours in this quilt - it's so beautiful! Beautiful assistants too! :-)
    Wishing you a super weekend!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete