Monday 22 April 2013

Moving and making....yeah I know it's rubbish... :-D

Hello from sunny shropshire ( waving frantically )
At last we are unpacked and settled, moving house is such hard work !
The children have survived their first week at school and seem really happy, which is a huge relief for me, I don't think I've ever been more anxious.
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.
In between unpacking and munching lots of chocolate I found a use for a bundle of Liberty Bloomsbury fabric .....how I love this fabric range !
I have made a lap quilt, it's actually a...wait for it....Christmas present !!!!!
I just don't have the floor space to make big quilts although I would love to and lap quilts are still very useful, I think.









So there it is, backed with a lovely soft brushed cotton and I am feeling super organised.
I have quite a bit of the bundle left and this is destined for some cushions to sell, I would still love to sell some things, I am going to sew some stock and either re-stock my Etsy shop or possibly try for Not on the High Street. 
Does any one have any experience of Not on the High Street? Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received.
With that in mind I have been stitching an embroidery to work into a cushion. I'm still in love with the woodland animals.


I will try to blog more regularly now we're settled, I hope you have a wonderful week.

Emma x


4 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,
    I'm glad you're moved in and starting to get settled!
    Hope you have a good (and sunny) week.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt! Glad the move went ok. I don't have any experience of NOTHS but I think it's a lot more formal than etsy - you have to apply to become a seller (so they could turn you down) and I think you have to pay to join them too, although I have no idea how much. Hope that helps!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your kids have settled and it sounds as though the move went well. Now time to enjoy! Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that your move has gone well and especially pleased to hear the kids are OK with their new schools, that must have been a huge worry. Love, love, love the liberty patchwork, some of my fav prints in there. As for NOTH, as Rachel has said, you have to apply to join and the joining fee (if you're accepted) is quite high, I think (it was 500 pounds at one point but that was ages ago), I only know this second hand from other bloggers and as I'm so late reading this you may well have worked it out for yourself by now! Hope you are settling in nicely. Beth/thelinencat xx

    ReplyDelete